Friday, December 10, 2010

Pancakes

I've been meaning to share this pancake recipe that I make at least a few times a week, and today seems like as good a time as any!  I love the recipe because it's a) healthy, b) easy, and c) makes a small batch.  I've adapted it from these Ricotta Raspberry Pancakes, which I saw in an issue of Parents magazine a while back.  I hardly ever have ricotta or raspberries on hand, so I've changed the recipe to make it more convenient for me! 

This is what you need:

And here's the recipe (the way I usually make it):

3 tbsp whole wheat flour
1-2 tsp sugar (I usually use barely 1 and the kids eat it up!)
1 tsp baking powder
A sprinkle of cinnamon
About 1 tsp milled flax seed
1 egg
1/2 cup yogurt (I've also used a mashed banana, applesauce, mashed strawberries, pumpkin, ricotta, or pretty much anything else with that same kind of consistency that I have on hand.)

Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl.  Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle and cook 2-3 minutes.  Flip, and cook another minute or so until browned and set.  Makes 4-5 pancakes.

Here are our pancakes from this morning on the griddle.  Conner requested "Mickey Mouse pancakes."  I did my best and he was pleased, although I think they look more like bears :)

And here are the boys eating their pancakes.  They both cleaned their plates this morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment