Well, the ice (or lack thereof) took care of any plans we may have had today. Conner should have had school and I should have tutored, but since the public schools were closed all that was canceled! So, we spent the morning hanging around the house and doing a whole lot of nothing, but kept ourselves occupied nonetheless. This afternoon I decided we should get out of the house since it looked like a pretty good chance we'd be stuck inside tomorrow (not so sure about that anymore, thank goodness!). We went to the store and got haircuts. I have to share that the boys were pretty much angels during the cuts. Both sat perfectly still while getting their hair cut, then sat pretty quietly and behaved themselves while I got mine done, too. They didn't even have lollipops during my haircut!! (Yes, I did let them each have one when we were all done....they certainly deserved the reward.) I completely forgot to take pictures of the haircuts, but here are a few shots from this morning.
 |
| Scott got a little marker on his lip....then insisted I take a picture :) |
 |
| Our artwork (Conner wrote "Kelley" on the middle paper, and drew himself on the orange paper) |
 |
| Conner's magician outfit....He's great at making things "disappear" by saying "Abwa Ba Babwa!" |
We also spent a good chunk of the day playing "I Spy." I mean a
good chunk of time, we were playing to kill some time before lunch, then played during lunch, and the game continued after lunch. Conner was really enjoying it. His best was probably his last:
Conner: I spy with my little eyes something colorful.
Mommy: Colorful?
Conner: Yeah, colorful, like a rainbow.
Mommy: (made a couple guesses, can't remember now...all wrong)
Conner: It's something that moves, and has legs, and is carrying a cookie...it's me! My shirt has orange, and yellow, and brown, so it's colorful!
No comments:
Post a Comment