Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Just Words

No pictures today, folks....sorry to disappoint you!  But, I wanted to give a quick update on the boys.

Conner has decided what he will be when he grows up....drum roll please..... "a choo choo driver and a daddy" and one day he added on a race car driver too.  He already has his wife picked out too, but I'll let that remain a mystery for now :) Andy and I think he may choose to be something more like an engineer but you never know!

Almost every night lately (for the past week or so) Scott pee pees in the potty before bath!  It's very exciting, but I know we're still a pretty far way from abandoning diapers.  Last night he sat on the potty, let a few drops out, then proceeded to sit in the bathtub and go the rest of the way.  Needless to say the bath was drained and refilled after that!
I'll also share some of my favorite things Scott is saying these days (well, besides "Oh man!" which I do think is pretty cute!)
  • While closing his eyes really tightly, "Find me!"
  • "I did it, Mommy!" or "I got it, Mommy!"
  • "Look, Mommy" (sounds more like, "Wook Mommy!"
  • "Yummy, yummy, tummy!" (translation - "Yummy in my tummy!")
  • "Dinosaurs/Shark/Lion coming!"
And we're definitely getting a preview of the boys' personalities.  Scott is definitely our more...ahem...strong-willed child.  I could always talk Conner down from things, but not Scott!  He is determined!  He sometimes insists on peeling his own banana...Conner still never asks to peel his banana.  I also have recently had to wrestle him into his carseat - why? - because he wants to drive the car.  "Me drive, me drive!"  Really, Scott?  Never thought I'd have to talk a not-even-2-year-old out of driving my car!

But seriously, both boys bring us more joy (most of the time) than we could imagine.  They amaze us and make us laugh every day.  I can't wait to see what else they come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment