Yesterday was Scott's birthday, but today was just as important as we had close family and friends over for a party! We did a train theme for Scott this year since that's one of his main interests nowadays. Yesterday during Scott's marathon nap, Conner and I made a train cake (by the way, thank goodness for the marathon nap because I needed that time to get this cake done!) I baked cake mix in mini loaf pans, then cut up two of them to make the different cars. We then assembled and decorated the train with candy and icing. I got the idea here: http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/choo-choo-train-cake-685795/
Aaaaannnnndd....that will have to do for now. We've just realized that ALL of the pictures we took today are not on the memory card. Ahh, technology. Hopefully we can find a way to locate some pictures or the ones we took will magically reappear. Until that happens, however, just picture a cute little blond newly-two year old in an engineer outfit, complete with overalls, a red bandanna, hat, and whistle. Imagine him opening lots of really exciting presents, and saying, "Here, Mommy" every time he rips off a little piece of paper. Then picture lots of crazy kids running around having a fabulous time, playing on the playground, exploring the pond, and eating cake. Adults were enjoying each others company and good food. There, it's almost like I just showed you fabulous pictures, right? Well, maybe not quite.......oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment