Friday, June 10, 2011

It's wild out there!

We had a great day, complete with a jungle safari birthday party and lots of fun with friends.  The day started out like this:


I was about to get pretty angry that they were making a HUGE mess as I  was trying to clean up the house for company.  Then I realized, they were quiet - I mean silent - for about 30 minutes just reading books while sitting in the toy chest.  I got a lot done in that time.  I decided not to complain about the mess :)


Then came the safari party.  The kids decorated their gear and went on an animal hunt.



I knew I should have taken a picture of the cake yesterday after I decorated it, but I didn't, and of course forgot today.  It was a tiger cake, though, and you'll just have to trust that it was pretty cute :)

Then they played with water balloons, and had a generally good time.  I think the party was a success and I know everyone is sleeping soundly now!

No comments:

Post a Comment