I love cooking with my boys, but I'm not entirely convinced that I'm not crazy for doing so. It usually ends in a mess. And lots of chaos. But it's fun :)
Today we made these delicious
granola bars. Thanks to my great friend Jami and her blog
Happy Toddler Tummies for the recipe!
Here are some photos to show you how it all went.... (I just have to disclose that, yes, Conner did have a shirt on when the day started and no, he's not wearing one in any of these pictures. I was told he got hot....way to problem solve, Conner!)
 |
| We are all happy and excited to start cooking! |
Everyone had their part in the cooking:
 |
Conner poured ingredients |
 |
Scott put on lids (one of his favorite things to do for whatever reason!)
|
 |
And they both enjoyed their favorite part of cooking - tasting the ingredients
(today it was raisins and chocolate chips - yum yum!)
 |
This is when Scott decided the good part of cooking was over and it was time to
pull everything he could out of the drawer |
 |
And this is what the floor looked like afterward
(but, hey, it kept him happy and entertained while I finished making the granola bars!) |
|
 |
At the end of the day, Conner and Scott had a great snack of delicious and
nutritious (well except the chocolate chips) granola bars! |
By the way, these granola bars are really, really yummy so you should definitely try them! I think they'd be pretty easy to make too, if you didn't have the help of a 3-year-old and a 1-year-old!
Kim
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the blog! Keeps me up to date on you guys while I'm away.
Love
Paw
I love that you're doing this! It's my escape from work! By the way.. I'm very impressed with you keeping the 4 kids.. better you than me!
ReplyDeleteJenn