Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dirty Work

Since the name of my blog is "And That's Home You Know", I thought I'd write about some other things that go into running a home other than just caring for the kiddos.  Unfortunately, one of those things is cleaning.  I find it frustratingly impossible to keep a clean house all the time.  While I'm cleaning one room, another room is being destroyed.  But, I've found a few things that make the job a little easier.  I thought I'd share my favorites...

Microfiber Cloths
These things are A-MA-ZING!  They clean everything, and leave streaks on nothing.  I use them for my stainless appliances, windows, mirrors, glass cooktop, you name it.  Makes life sooooo easy - just wet it, wipe, and done!

White Vinegar
This stuff cleans everything.  I could tell you all that it's capable of, but this website pretty much says it all and then some.  Vinegar is nontoxic, environmentally friendly, and super cheap.  For everyday cleaning, I have a spray bottle with vinegar mixed with water that I use for my counters, table, etc.  It's even safe for wood floors and does a great job.

Shark Pocket Steam Mop
This makes cleaning the floors so easy.  I love it.

Disinfecting Wipes
In between bathroom cleaning, these are so easy to whip out and use to wipe off the sink, tub, and toilet.

I use all of these things several times a week if not every day.  I know my house is not always (or hardly every) spotless, but at least these things keep it closer to looking that way!

And just to throw some cuteness in here so it's not all dirty, here are some shots from this afternoon.

After nap snack of yogurt


"All gone!"
I'm impressed with how clean he can get that yogurt container all by himself!

"I caught a fish!"


Ahhh, boys.  They'll touch anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment