Thursday, November 4, 2010

Book Worms

Today I had an idea.  A lot of Facebook friends are writing something they're thankful for as their status for every day in November.  I decided instead of doing this on Facebook, I should do it in the blog.  I'm going to commit to posting something that I'm thankful for every day in November.  So, even though I've missed a few days, here starts a month of gratefulness.

Today I'm thankful for books.  I'm thankful for MY books.  Books I read at night after the kids are in bed before I fall asleep.  I enjoy this time with myself, and like to detach myself from everything for a little while and get immersed in a good book.  Books also mean I get to go to book club.  This is the one night a month that I consistently get out.  I can talk with other ladies and remind myself for a few hours that I can and do have a life outside diaper changing and nose wiping (although I do enjoy this part of my life very much!).

But enough about me......I'm also soooo thankful my kids love reading as much as I do.  I hope it continues.  Today was a rainy day, and books occupied a lot of our day.  Scott has been absolutely obsessed with books lately.  I think he's actually reminded Conner that reading is fun, even times other than right before bed!  Here are some special moments spent reading that I captured today.

Conner reading to Scott

Conner and Scott "parallel reading"

This is one of Scott's favorites

And one of Conner's current favorites (Click, Clack, Quackity Quack)


Scott is constantly bringing books to Pop and Nana when we're at their house

And he loves sitting in the rocking chair reading to himself

Conner has his fair share of reading time with the grandparents too!
I really do hope this love of reading continues for all of us :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! FYI on the blogging front: http://www.nablopomo.com/

    ReplyDelete